Saturday 6 April 2013

The Secret Life of The Tooth Fairy

"I saved my loose tooth just for you!" Those were some of the first words my niece Alexis announced to me upon their arrival at my humble abode in March (at which time they got to stay 2 weeks and 2 days :)  


One of the greatest things about being an aunt is that the child naturally assumes that you are brave and knowledgeable in many areas of life, one which being tooth pulling. What this trusting little girl didn't know is that The Amazing Aunt Monica has never in her life pulled a tooth. But did I inform her of this information? No sir, I did not! I decided to wing it. I mean, how hard could it really be?

Well to my ever-dying shame I couldn't get that stubborn little thing to give up and come out on the first (or the second or third for that matter. It ended up being much harder than I thought) attempt BUT *bum-ba-ba-bah!* 2 days before my selfish sister Maria took my perfect nieces and nephew away from me (okay... I guess leaving for Grandma Paula was an acceptable reason) we were able to pull it!!  
  







Since the Tooth Fairy is recently abiding in Jamaica I took it upon myself to carry on the tradition of The Remover of the Tooth (from under the pillow that is). Too bad for her, this Tooth Fairy is cheap.  

I absolutely loved every minute of my sisters visit but this was by far one of the best memories I made with my Alexis.  


Much Love,
                 Monica Grace 
                                              a.k.a. The Tooth Fairy







No comments:

Post a Comment