Wednesday 30 May 2012

Down at the bridge with Papa

This past weekend we got to spend time with my family at Grandma Grace's farm. Things have not changed much since I was a little girl. I love being there! My dad said he was going to take Evan, Evalyn, and Genaveve down to the bridge to see what they could find. Jessica and I went along too. Papa pulled the three bigger ones in a wagon, I pushed Natalie in a stroller, and Jessica packed Vera on her hip. And we were off! I remember the road being a little wider and not so long. They redid the bridge a few years ago. They took away the old iron side rails and the wood plank floor and put in a fancy (ugly) concrete bridge.



Papa Dennis, Evan, and Genaveve looking for snakes.



                                                                                                                   Papa Dennis with his girls


                                                                   Tossing little rocks and trying to hit a bigger rock.



                                                            I am so glad that my kids are able to make the same  
memories that I got to make with my cousins.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment